Nasopharyngeal cancer is malignant cancer that starts in the mucous membrane of nasopharynx. It is threatening people’s health and life with its enormous hazard that can not be neglected.
There is quite an obvious difference of nasopharyngeal cancer incidence between different races. It happens more often to yellow race, like Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, than white race. Incidence of nasopharyngeal cancer among middle-aged and old people is higher than that among infants and teenagers, with a starting point of sharp rising at age 30 and reaching its peak at age between 40 and 60 and gradually going down after 65.
1. EB virus infection: study proved that EB virus infection has much to do with nasopharyngeal cancer. After infected by EB virus, human body will produce many corresponding antibodies.
2. Environment and diet: environment is one of the factors that related to nasopharyngeal cancer. Moreover, excessive intake of salted fish and preserved foods are also high risk factors of nasopharyngeal cancer.
3. Hereditary factors: ethnicity or family aggregation on a nasopharyngeal cancer patient indicates that the nasopharyngeal cancer is probably a hereditary disease.
2. Stuffy nose: nose stuffiness is mild when the tumor is small. It increasingly becomes heavy as the tumor grows. And it also appears with one single nostril stuffy.
3. Tinnitus or hearing declining: when the tumor obstructs or compresses the pharyngeal opening of auditory tube, it can cause to the corresponding ear symptoms like tinnitus, muffled hearing, hearing loss or eardrum effusion.
4. Headache: it may be the first or only symptom that occurs, which is intermittent and unfixed.
5. Lump in the neck: there will be few lumps in the neck caused by nasopharyngeal cancer metastasis, which grow rapidly with hard texture and poor activity but no tenderness.
6. Cranial nerve symptoms: such as facial numbness, diplopia, blurred vision, eyelid droop, cockeye, sensation loss of the pharynx, soft palate numbness, swallowing difficulty, hoarseness, tongue deviating from the midline when stretched out.
3. EB( Epstein-Barr) virus serological test
4. CT scan
So far, treatment methods for nasopharyngeal cancer include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, symptomatic treatment with Chinese medicine, and principally combination of Chinese medicine and Western medicine. For nasopharyngeal cancer that is small and has no metastasis, the best treatment method is surgery, after which 5-year survival rate can excess 80%. In a certain time after surgery, performing radiation therapy and chemotherapy, combined with Chinese medicine, is helpful in preventing recurrence.
With the fast development of medical technology, minimally invasive therapy for nasopharyngeal cancer has drew much attention of the medical circle, as it possesses many unique advantages that have never been possessed by traditional treatment methods, such as being minimally invasive, causing less bleeding, being able to eliminate patient’s painfulness and can improve the patient’s life quality. It is clinically practical and has become many patients’ preference of nasopharyngeal cancer treatment.
1. Dietary care
Proper diet care can evidently improve the patient’s immunity. Diet for nasopharyngeal cancer patients should involve abundant fresh vegetables, fruit, high-protein and calorie foods, and avoid smoked, roasted, fried and preserved foods.
2. Life care
Avoid physical tiredness, such as heavy labor, staying up late and excessive exercise. During rehabilitation, patients should pay attention to their local hygiene, for example, wash mouth everyday, wash the nasopharynx cavity when necessary, and do not have tooth extraction within one year.
3. Mental care
Comfort the patients and let them know about the process of their condition, care about them and try to meet every proper requirement of them, help them maintain active attitudes towards life.
Study proved that a muti-disciplinary medical group, which is composed of surgical oncology, medical oncology, department of traditional Chinese medicine, pathology department, department of radiology, anesthetist and professional nurses, can make a more effective, more suitable and more economical treatment plan so as to improve the effect of cancer treatment.
Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou, with its multi-disciplinary “one-stop” medical system, offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment service to patients. It not only offers patients with all-round considerate medical service, but also improves the medical efficiency and level without increasing patient’s burden. Communication channels between patients and doctors are various, which include online consultation, email, on-phone communication and face-to-face communication. All these communication channels allow patients to enjoy the service of consultation and help them fight against cancers. Medical groups that services patients include doctors, nurses, dietitians and interpreters, by whom all levels of needs of patients from different countries can be met. Under this smooth communication environment, patients can peacefully cooperate with the treatment.
PET/CT: A technology in anatomical form to capture the images of function, metabolism and receptor Scouts of tumor with more than 90% accurate diagnostic rate...more>>
In the term “stem cells”, “stem” means “tree”, “the trunk of a tree” and “origin”. Stem cells just like trees that can sprout branches and leaves, blossom and fr...more>>
Targeted gene therapy: A treatment to remove cancer roots Cancer is molecular network disease...more>>
What is interventional therapy? Interventional therapy is a mini-invasive therapy that under the guidance of medical image equipment. It mainly has two categories: vascular interven...more>>
What is RFA? Under the guidance of image, RFA, a physical method to inactive and kill the tumor, is performed with minimally invasive paracentesis to introduce the heat generator in...more>>
125I seed implants –tumor-oriented therapy Non-invasive, bloodless Painless, low rates of side effects Increase life expentancy and quality of life Three-dimensional radioactive s...more>>
PDT uses interactions of light, photosensitizer and oxygen as basis for cancer treatment. Inject photosensitizer intravenously and it will be absorbed by cancer cells and tissues th...more>>
What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve di...more>>
1. What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve...more>>
1. What is endogenic magnetic field thermatology system ? In endogenic magnetic field thermatology, electric field interfering is produced at intersection where two currents of diff...more>>
1、What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy is a medical technique both ancient and modern. As early as thousands of years ago, ice was used to treat infected wounds and various knife inju...more>>
1、What is ITCWM minimally invasive targeted therapy Modern Hospital Guangzhou applies combined therapy of TCM minimally invasive targeted treatment, which is featuring combined st...more>>