What is Brain Cancer?
Brain cancer is a neoplasm growing in cranial cavity, which is also called intracranial tumor. Brain cancer include malignant tumors growing in various cells of brain itself, cranial nerves, meninges, skull, pituitary gland and other metastatic brain tumors.
As there are all bones in cranial cavity, once tumor developed in brain, intracranial pressure will increase, causing headache, vomiting, blurred vision, spasm, coma and other symptoms, besides, location of lesions and pathological properties vary with age.
How Common Brain Tumor is and How High Its Mortality is?
Incidence of brain cancer nearly accounts for about 5% of all cancers, accounting for 70% of children’s cancers. Brain cancer can occur at any age, while it is with high incidence among people at the age of 20-40, the male and female ratio for brain cancer is 13:10.
Each year there are about 18,500 people diagnosed with brain cancer in the world, about 12,760 people die of brain cancer, and the average age of death is 64 years old, furthermore, the mortality of brain cancer is still increasing every year.
What’s Harm that Brain Cancer will Cause?
1. Brain tissues are damaged, causing neurological disorder, which then leads to loss of normal function of the body.
2. Occurrence of edema, causing swelling of brain, resulting in elevated intracranial pressure.
3. Edema results in serious injury of cranial cavity, causing death of central nervous system.
4. Olfactory disorder, motion becoming slowly, all limbs appearing fatigue and other discomforts can be caused.
What are the Risk Factors of Brain Cancer?
1. Radiation: radiation wave emitted by mobile phone and computer may promote cancerization of cells. Besides, exposure to radiation also can be a risk factor of brain cancer.
2. Trauma: external trauma stimulates brain, scar tissue of meninges, which can cause cancer, and brain trauma may accelerate growth of pre-existing brain tumor.
3. Chemical factors: brain cancer is related to long-term exposure to pesticides, dyes, formaldehyde.
4. Congenital factors: during embryonic development, ectopic primitive cells or tissues are left in the cranial cavity, which have function of differentiation and proliferation, resulting in congenital brain cancer.
5. Genetic factors: genetic defects or gene mutation can cause brain tumors and about half of patients have family history of brain cancer.
What are the Symptoms of Brain Cancer?
1. With headache at four or five o’clock in the morning, patients often wake up due to headache, with sleep deeper, headache more server.
2. Patients may vomit without being accompanied by nausea and abdominal pain, and with no relations with taking food, but spurting vomit after a period of headache.
3. Brain tumors can cause increase of cerebral pressure, leading to unsmooth circumfluence of ocular venous blood, which will result in stasis and edema and then visual cells in retina will be damaged, causing decreased vision.
4. One side of eyeball protrudes and in cases with severe symptoms, incomplete eyelid closure will be caused.
5. Because brain cancer stimulates temporal lobe in the lower region of brain tumor, olfactory hallucination can appear.
6. With compression to auditory nerve by brain tumor, hearing of one side of ear can gradually degrade.
7. With onset of seizures until adulthood, if there are no trauma and other factors, those patients’ conditions should be firstly considered as brain cancer.
How Brain Cancer are Diagnosed?
1. Skull x-ray: it helps to understand whether intracranial pressure increases or not, skull local damage of skull or hyperplasia, etc.
2. Brain CT scans: it is easy to detect size, shape, number, location, density and properties of lesions.
3. MRI: it can show the vast majority of brain tumors and peripheral edema of tumor, as well as the precise location, size and shape of tumor.
4. EEG examination: it can position fast growing brain tumor on cerebral hemisphere, which can show wave amplitude lowering and frequency slowing beside the brain tumor.
5. Biochemical determination: as for patient with pituitary tumor, especially those whose hormone secretion from anterior lobe of pituitary is excessive, blood biochemical examination can be done.
What are the Nursing and Care Methods for Brain Cancer?
1. Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
2. Some proteins should be contained in the diet, such as egg white, fish and all kinds of bean products.
3. Eat less animal fat, including foods with high cholesterol such as lard, butter and cream, etc.
4. Avoid eating foods that will excite nervous system such as wine, strong tea and coffee.
1. Do not resist regularly going to hospital for check.
2. Patients with brain cancer are prone to bring about negative psychology, so family members should often communicate with patients.
3. Family members should often give encouragement to patient with brain cancer, helping the patient to build confidence to fight cancer.
The best treatment for brain cancer
A multidisciplinary team composed of surgeons, pathologists, radiation cancer experts, minimally invasive oncologists, nurses for cancer nursing and interpreters carries out expert consultation according to symptoms and conditions of patients with cervical cancer and then gives treatment plans that are most applicable to the patient, in order to greatly improve the therapeutic effect of cervical cancer patient.
What are the Best Treatments for Brain Cancer?
A multidisciplinary team composed of surgeons, pathologists, radiation cancer experts, minimally invasive oncologists, nurses for cancer nursing and interpreters carries out expert consultation according to symptoms and conditions of patients with brain cancer and then gives treatment plans that are most applicable to the patient, in order to greatly improve the therapeutic effect of the patient.
Traditional Chinese Medicine in Treating Brain Cancer
Traditional Chinese medicine plays a role in adjusting systematic balance, reinforcing the healthy cells to fight against cancer, and improving immunity as well as building up health. Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combines traditional Chinese medicine with other modern cancer treatment technology, thus the advantages of traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine are integrated so as to effectively improve the effect of cancer treatment.
What kinds of support can be obtained?
Practice proves that the clinic team services composed by multiple disciplines like oncosurgery, oncology, pathology, imageology and anesthesia doctors as well as professional nurses, can provide patients with most effective, most suitable and most economic treatment plan, and also can greatly improve the therapeutic effect of treating cancer patients.
“One station” medical system constructed by Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combining multiple disciplines, can perform comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients under the condition of getting rid of patients’ burden. Therefore, on one hand, it can provide all-round and heartfelt medical services, and on the other hand, it improves medical efficiency and level. There are many channels can be applied to conduct the communication between patients and doctors, like online consultation, email, telephone conversation, and face-to-face consultation. All these consultation services can effectively help patients to fight the cancer. While the medical team faced by the patients includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, interpreters so as to meet various demands of patients from different countries. Patients would be more confident under the unobstructed communication environment to cooperate the hospital to diagnose and treat the diseases.
Disclaimer: Therapeutic effect depends on individual patient's condition. The content of this website is for informational purpose only,this can not be the basis of medical diagnosis and treatment and even can not replace the diagnosis and treatment from doctors.Please refer to Terms and Condition for more information.