1. Diet for laryngeal cancer patients should be nutritious and digestible, and contain rich protein and vitamin. It should be diversified and maintain good favor, color and smell, so as to improve patients’ appetite. It is better to be light food and avoid fatty food. If patients lose appetite, appetizer can be added to the diet to improve their appetite. It is recommended to eat less in a meal but more meals in a day.
2. Light food and foods that can prevent ulcer, clear heat and toxic substance, spinach for example.
3. Foods aiming at the symptoms: for patients who have hoarseness: a carrot, pear, ginkgo and plum, etc.; for patients who have difficulty in swallowing: almond, peach seed and lily, etc.; for patients who have hemoptysis: lotus powder, day lily, etc.
4. Foods effective in resisting laryngeal cancer: almond, eggplant, etc.
5. Dietary restrictions: avoid smoking, drinking, spicy food. When there is complicating infection, do not eat meat that is of pathogenic heat，mutton for example. It is recommended for patients to eat and arrange their diet plan according to their personal toleration. It is encouraged for them to eat more when they have good appetite and do not compel them to eat those they do not like, so as to avoid nausea or vomiting.
Diet in treatment procedure
Laryngeal cancer patients should pay attention to supplement of nutrient and scientifically make a diet plan. As fact has proved that nutrient is very important for patients’ treatment and rehabilitation. It can help patients recover from surgery more quickly and enhance patients’ toleration to radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as improve their immunity and prevent complications like infection.
1. Diet after surgery: foods good for patients after laryngeal cancer surgery: almond juice, sorb juice, sugar cane juice, pineapple juice, fig juice, jujube juice, kiwi fruit juice.
2. Diet during radiotherapy: fresh vegetable and fruit, mushroom, tofu, spinage, etc.
3. Diet during chemotherapy: turtle, carp, tremella, shiitake, edible bird's nest, sunflower, sorb, ginkgo, etc. which are helpful in .
Experts from Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou point out laryngeal cancer patients should not over rely on above three eating methods. Instead, they should overcome choking problem through swallowing practice. For some patients who fail to overcome the problem through swallowing practice, surgery will be needed. However, it may result in loss of language function. Moreover, in daily life and during treatment procedure, patients should pay attention to the balance of nutrient, so as to improve their immunity and lay the foundation for their rehabilitation.
If you have any questions, please contact us via online consultation, email or phone call. If you find our website useful, please follow our FaceBook and YouTube, health information will be updated regularly.
Let's Have A Healthy Life!
what is cancer by