Bone cancer is a generic term of malignant bone tumors. Common bone cancers include osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, fibrosarcoma and so on. It may originate from bone cells, hematopoietic ingredients of bones, cartilage, desmoids or synovial ingredients, is a typical general malignant disease.
Clinically bone cancer is divided to primary bone cancer and secondary bone cancer. Secondary bone cancer is mostly occurring in pelvis, vertebral column and femurs, etc. Primary malignant bone cancer is rare, most bone cancers are affected by lesions form other tissues (Such as breast cancer, thyroid cancer, prostate cancer and so on.), which namely is bone metastatic cancer.
The incidence of bone cancer takes away 0.2% cancers in all. Globally, about 2890 cases are firmly diagnosed bone cancer each year and around 1410 people die of it. Osteosarcoma is the most common type of bone cancer and takes up 30% bone cancer patients. It gets a higher incidence in teenagers with an age ranges from 10-20, and the ratio between male and female is 2:1.
The causes of bone cancer are still unclear and were thought to be chronic mild hurt or chronic infection in the past. Meanwhile, that may be related to overgrowth of bones, chronic inflammatory irritation, genetic factor, and infection of special virus, problems of blood reflux in bones, exposure to radiation and some other risk factors.
1. Pathological disfiguration of bones.
2. Constant and unintelligible back pain occurs.
3. One or multiple fractures appear in body without obvious inducement.
4. Numbness of distal limbs arousing from tumor depression on nerves and blood vessels.
5. A hard lump occurs in the surface of bone, some cases would present pain while some are none.
6. Fever, weight lose, fatigue and decrease of locomotor activity present.
7. Pain and selling develop in bones and joints, the pain is constant dull pain or tenderness.
1. Bone scan is by injecting slight contrast agent and special camera assembly to detect the lesions. It can show the pictures of bones.
2. Imaging examinations, such as X-ray, CT scans, MRI and so on can help the doctors to evaluate the tumor and other tissues or organs involved.
3. Biopsy is to get a small tissue from tumor for related bone cancer examinations, in which including:
1) Needle biopsy, the doctor uses a thin needle to get a small tissue from tumor.
2) Surgical biopsy. Doctor cuts the skin to get the whole tumor or some tumor tissues for bone cancer examination.
Surgical treatment is still the main method in treating bone cancer, in which includes:
1. Erasion, it is to cut the parietal contains tumor and scrap the tumor tissues in parietal completely.
2. Ectomy is to remove the tumor projecting out of the bone from tumor basilar part.
3. Amputation is to remove the whole segment of bone where the tumor is located.
2. Take more fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Keep away from smoking, alcohol and irritating foods.
1. Create a harmonious, comfortable and safe environment to offer patient the sense of safety.
2. Introduce bone cancer patient related cancer knowledge at proper time to help the patient fight the cancer confidently.
3. Family members should take care and support the patient, help the patient to eliminate the negative emotions like loneliness and desperation.
A multidisciplinary team composed of surgeons, pathologists, radiation cancer experts, minimally invasive oncologists, nurses for cancer nursing and interpreters carries out expert consultation according to symptoms and conditions of patients with bone cancer and then gives treatment plans that are most applicable to the patient, in order to greatly improve the therapeutic effect of bone cancer patient.
Traditional Chinese medicine can regulate the balance of body and strengthen the resistance to fight against tumor. Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combines Chinese medicine and other cancer treatments together, while at the same time integrates the advantages of both Chinese medicine and western medicine, which can effectively improve the cure effect of cancer treatments.
Practice proves that the clinic team services composed by multiple disciplines like oncosurgery, oncology, pathology, imageology and anesthesia doctors as well as professional nurses, can provide patients with most effective, most suitable and most economic treatment plan, and also can greatly improve the therapeutic effect of treating cancer patients.
“One station” medical system constructed by Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combining multiple disciplines, can perform comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients under the condition of without adding patients’ burden. Therefore, on one hand, it can provide all-round and heartfelt medical services, and on the other hand, it improves medical efficiency and level. There are many channels can be applied to conduct the communication between patients and doctors, like online consultation, email, telephone conversation, and face-to-face consultation. All these consultation services can effectively help patients to fight the cancer. While the medical team faced by the patients includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, interpreters and so on to meet various demands in different level of different countries. Patients would be more confident under the unobstructed communication environment to cooperate the hospital to diagnose and treat the diseases.
PET/CT: A technology in anatomical form to capture the images of function, metabolism and receptor Scouts of tumor with more than 90% accurate diagnostic rate...more>>
In the term “stem cells”, “stem” means “tree”, “the trunk of a tree” and “origin”. Stem cells just like trees that can sprout branches and leaves, blossom and fr...more>>
Targeted gene therapy: A treatment to remove cancer roots Cancer is molecular network disease...more>>
What is interventional therapy? Interventional therapy is a mini-invasive therapy that under the guidance of medical image equipment. It mainly has two categories: vascular interven...more>>
What is RFA? Under the guidance of image, RFA, a physical method to inactive and kill the tumor, is performed with minimally invasive paracentesis to introduce the heat generator in...more>>
125I seed implants –tumor-oriented therapy Non-invasive, bloodless Painless, low rates of side effects Increase life expentancy and quality of life Three-dimensional radioactive s...more>>
PDT uses interactions of light, photosensitizer and oxygen as basis for cancer treatment. Inject photosensitizer intravenously and it will be absorbed by cancer cells and tissues th...more>>
What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve di...more>>
1. What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve...more>>
1. What is endogenic magnetic field thermatology system ? In endogenic magnetic field thermatology, electric field interfering is produced at intersection where two currents of diff...more>>
1、What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy is a medical technique both ancient and modern. As early as thousands of years ago, ice was used to treat infected wounds and various knife inju...more>>
1、What is ITCWM minimally invasive targeted therapy Modern Hospital Guangzhou applies combined therapy of TCM minimally invasive targeted treatment, which is featuring combined st...more>>