Stomach cancer refers to cancer happened in stomach, which originates from epithelium mucosae cells on top layer of stomach wall, and can be happened in any parts of the stomach (the most common is on sinus ventriculi pylorus area, followed by fundus cardia area, least on body of stomach), and can also invade into stomach wall of different depth or different width.
The annual incidence of stomach cancer is about 0.000176; there are high incidence rates in Japan and Denmark, while American and Australia are relatively low in incidence rate; meanwhile, the incidence rate of male is higher than that of female, and it is about 3:1; the peak age for incidence is among 50-60 years of old.
1. Environment factor: incidences of different countries or different areas are obviously different;
2. Diet factor: long term intake of milden and rot food, brined vegetable or pickling fish or meat, overtaken salt shall increase the risk of stomach cancer;
3. Inherent factor: epidemiologic investigation found that stomach cancer has the tendency of family-centralizing;
4. Immunity factor: people with lower immunity shall have higher risk of stomach cancer.
1. Abdominal pain: it is the most common symptom, usually starts with intermittent unclear pain and often is diagnosed with gastritis or gastric ulcer and so on;
2. Epigastric discomfort: mostly is the sensation of fullness or burning. It can be relieved temporarily but also reoccurs;
3. Loss of appetite, belching or other dyspepsia symptoms: afterfood fullness and actively restriction on food, often accompanied with belching;
4. Dark stool or fecal occult blood being positive: if stool manifests darkening without intake of blood bean curd or drugs like bismuth agents before, go to hospital immediately for timely examination;
5. Debilitation, emaciation and aneamia: they are common symptoms of stomach cancer. Usually patients lose appetite so that their digestive tracts suffer from blood loss, and this cause them tired and weak.
1. Physical examination;
2. Laboratory examination;
3. Imageology examination:
(1) Upper gastrointestinal X-rays and barium meal opacification;
(2) Enhancement type CT (computer tomoscan);
(5) Ultrasonic inspection;
4. Endoscopy examination:
1. Surgery: it is the first choice for early or middle stomach cancer patients and also is the fundamental and effective method;
2. Chemotherapy: chemotherapy works as the adjunctive therapy after surgery to eliminate the residual cancer cells, also can be applied to control the metastasis of cancer cells during or before surgery, so that enhance the success chance of surgery;
3. Radiotherapy: radiotherapy performed during or before or after surgery can enhance the thoroughness of surgery and improve the predicted effect, and it can also relief symptoms and prolong survival years.
During stomach cancer treatment, TCM can be performed through this whole process. If combine TCM with western medicine, the therapeutic effect shall be greatly be improved. The oral-taken or artery- perfused Chinese medicine, can make up the inadequacy of western medicine, and prevent or reduce the toxic reaction or side effects caused by chemotherapy as well as radiotherapy, meanwhile it can also effectively prevent recurrence and metastasis of cancer cells after surgery so that prolong survival year and improve living quality as well.
1. Eat less while multiple times for meal;
2. Intake food that is rich in protein and can be easily digested, like rice water, egg soup, jardinière soup, milk, albumen powder, etc.;
3. Eat less sweets or fats;
4. Prohibit too cold or hot or spicy and stimulative food or seasoning, and stimulative drinking like wine or tea;
5. Prevent anaemia and properly intake some lean meat, fish, shrimp, animal liver, Chinese jujube and so on;
6. When eating food that is relatively coarse and hard to digest, chew it and swallow it carefully and slowly.
Practice proves that the clinic team services composed by multiple disciplines like oncosurgery, oncology, pathology, imageology and anesthesia doctors as well as professional nurses, can provide patients with most effective, most suitable and most economic treatment plan, and also can greatly improve the therapeutic effect of treating cancer patients.
“One station” medical system constructed by Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combining multiple disciplines, can perform comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients under the condition of without adding patients’ burden. Therefore, on one hand, it can provide all-round and heartfelt medical services, and on the other hand, it improves medical efficiency and level. There are many channels can be applied to conduct the communication between patients and doctors, like online consultation, email, telephone conversation, and face-to-face consultation. All these consultation services can effectively help patients to fight the cancer. While the medical team faced by the patients includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, interpreters and so on to meet various demands in different level of different countries. Patients would be more confident under the unobstructed communication environment to cooperate the hospital to diagnose and treat the diseases.
PET/CT: A technology in anatomical form to capture the images of function, metabolism and receptor Scouts of tumor with more than 90% accurate diagnostic rate...more>>
In the term “stem cells”, “stem” means “tree”, “the trunk of a tree” and “origin”. Stem cells just like trees that can sprout branches and leaves, blossom and fr...more>>
Targeted gene therapy: A treatment to remove cancer roots Cancer is molecular network disease...more>>
What is interventional therapy? Interventional therapy is a mini-invasive therapy that under the guidance of medical image equipment. It mainly has two categories: vascular interven...more>>
What is RFA? Under the guidance of image, RFA, a physical method to inactive and kill the tumor, is performed with minimally invasive paracentesis to introduce the heat generator in...more>>
125I seed implants –tumor-oriented therapy Non-invasive, bloodless Painless, low rates of side effects Increase life expentancy and quality of life Three-dimensional radioactive s...more>>
PDT uses interactions of light, photosensitizer and oxygen as basis for cancer treatment. Inject photosensitizer intravenously and it will be absorbed by cancer cells and tissues th...more>>
What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve di...more>>
1. What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve...more>>
1. What is endogenic magnetic field thermatology system ? In endogenic magnetic field thermatology, electric field interfering is produced at intersection where two currents of diff...more>>
1、What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy is a medical technique both ancient and modern. As early as thousands of years ago, ice was used to treat infected wounds and various knife inju...more>>
1、What is ITCWM minimally invasive targeted therapy Modern Hospital Guangzhou applies combined therapy of TCM minimally invasive targeted treatment, which is featuring combined st...more>>