What Is Vaginal Cancer?
Vaginal cancer is a malignant tumor arising from vagina. Vaginal cancer can be spread from cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer and choriocarcinoma, besides, cancer cells originating from bladder, urethra, or rectal can often spread to vagina.
High-risk Populations of Vaginal Cancer
1. Women at age of 60~65 years old.
2. Young women taking estrogen during pregnancy may cause vaginal clear cell carcinoma.
3. Women who are with early marriage, early child-bearing and with many times of child-bearing are high-risk groups of primary vaginal cancer.
Staging of Vaginal Cancer
Stage 0 vaginal carcinoma in situ
Stage I cancer is confined to the vaginal wall
Stage II cancer has invaded tissues around vagina, but it has not invaded pelvic wall
Stage III cancer has reached pelvic wall
Stage IV cancer has been spread beyond true pelvis or it has invaded bladder, rectum mucosa of rectum
Stage Iva cancer has invaded the adjacent organs
Stage IVb cancer has spread to distant organs
Postoperative Nursing for Vaginal Cancer
1. When putting into the vagina speculum, action should be light, turning the speculum slowly, so as not to damage the cancer tissue, causing massive bleeding.
2. Patients with menstrual period or vaginal bleeding are forbidden from douching, in order to prevent intrauterine infection.
3. Solution concentration for douche should be accurate and temperature should be appropriate, generally 38 ～41 ℃.
4. Douching pressure should be appropriate. If pressure is excessive, douching solution is easy to flow into uterine cavity, but if pressure is too small, there will no effect for douche.
5. Observe the changes of patient’s condition. If there is continuous bleeding or massive bleeding, douche should be immediately stopped and gauze should be tamped into vagina, informing physicians to cope with it.
6. For patients with swelling, congestion, ulcer of genital or vaginal stenosis, a miniature speculum should be used to douche so as to relieve patient’s pain.
7. Douching solution should be changed every day and the washing barrel should be brushing and disinfected 1 times weekly.
What kinds of supports can be obtained?
Practice proves that the clinic team services composed by multiple disciplines like oncosurgery, oncology, pathology, imageology and anesthesia doctors as well as professional nurses, can provide patients with most effective, most suitable and most economic treatment plan, and also can greatly improve the therapeutic effect of treating cancer patients.
“One station” medical system constructed by Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combining multiple disciplines, can perform comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients under the condition of without adding patients’ burden. Therefore, on one hand, it can provide all-round and heartfelt medical services, and on the other hand, it improves medical efficiency and level. There are many channels can be applied to conduct the communication between patients and doctors, like online consultation, email, telephone conversation, and face-to-face consultation. All these consultation services can effectively help patients to fight the cancer. While the medical team faced by the patients includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, interpreters and so on to meet various demands in different level of different countries. Patients would be more confident under the unobstructed communication environment to cooperate the hospital to diagnose and treat the diseases.