Thyroid cancer referring to the cancerization of thyroid tissues is a malignant tumor originated from thyroid epithelial cells. Thyroid cancer can be mainly classified as papillary adenocarcinoma and follicular adenocarcinoma according to their pathological characteristics.
The incidence rate of thyroid cancer accounts for approximately 1% of all cancers and it is more common among children and women over age of 40, besides, its ratio of male and female is 1:2.4. Postoperative five-year survival rate for patients with papillary adenocarcinoma can reach 90%.
It is not very clear the exact causes of thyroid cancer, but it may be related to dietary factors (diet with high iodide or insufficient iodine), radiation exposure history, increasing estrogen secretion, genetic factors, or it may be developed by benign diseases of thyroid such as nodular goiter, hyperthyroidism, thyroid adenoma, especially chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis.
1. A lump in thyroid increases suddenly in a short term;
2. Hoarseness, difficulty speaking in a normal voice or breathing;
3. The lump is hard, rough when touching it;
4. The lump is limited to move or it is fixed, do not move up and down with the swallowing;
5. Multiple masses or nodules can be palpated in the neck.
1. Radionuclide examination: by this test, the shape, location of thyroid cancer and thyroid function can be determined;
2. Laboratory examination: it can identify the nature of thyroid nodules;
3. Ultrasound: in addition to detect shape, size, and number of thyroid mass, whether the mass is cystic or solid can be determined;
4. Cytology: it has a high accuracy rate in diagnosing of papillary adenocarcinoma;
5. X-ray: it can be mainly used to observe the relationship between trachea and thyroid;
6. CT scan: it can clearly show shape, size of thyroid cancer and its relationship with throat, trachea, esophagus, besides, the scope of cancer infiltration can be seen.
Surgery: it can remove cancer tissues and clear cervical lymph nodes that may have metastasized.
Radio therapy: generally it is applicable to follicular adenocarcinoma.
Chemotherapy: it is often adopted as palliative treatment for advanced cancer patients who are not applicable to surgery or have developed distant metastases.
1. Patients with thyroid cancer should be given liquid diet within 1- 2 days after surgery so as to reduce the pain caused by swallowing.
2. Patients with thyroid cancer should be guided to lie in semireclining position, properly protect the operative incision thus is conducive to drainage of wound.
3. Avoid strenuous cough, talking too much, and when getting up, hands should support head, so as not to pull wound.
4. Providing a quiet and comfortable environment, in order to eliminate agitated feeling of patients.
5. Closely observe whether there is swelling in wound.
6. If hoarseness, shortness of breath occurs, you should immediately inform doctor to deal with it.
Practice proves that the clinic team services composed by multiple disciplines like oncosurgery, oncology, pathology, imageology and anesthesia doctors as well as professional nurses, can provide patients with most effective, most suitable and most economic treatment plan, and also can greatly improve the therapeutic effect of treating cancer patients.
“One station” medical system constructed by Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou combining multiple disciplines, can perform comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients under the condition of without adding patients’ burden. Therefore, on one hand, it can provide all-round and heartfelt medical services, and on the other hand, it improves medical efficiency and level. There are many channels can be applied to conduct the communication between patients and doctors, like online consultation, email, telephone conversation, and face-to-face consultation. All these consultation services can effectively help patients to fight the cancer. While the medical team faced by the patients includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, interpreters and so on to meet various demands in different level of different countries. Patients would be more confident under the unobstructed communication environment to cooperate the hospital to diagnose and treat the diseases.
PET/CT: A technology in anatomical form to capture the images of function, metabolism and receptor Scouts of tumor with more than 90% accurate diagnostic rate...more>>
In the term “stem cells”, “stem” means “tree”, “the trunk of a tree” and “origin”. Stem cells just like trees that can sprout branches and leaves, blossom and fr...more>>
Targeted gene therapy: A treatment to remove cancer roots Cancer is molecular network disease...more>>
What is interventional therapy? Interventional therapy is a mini-invasive therapy that under the guidance of medical image equipment. It mainly has two categories: vascular interven...more>>
What is RFA? Under the guidance of image, RFA, a physical method to inactive and kill the tumor, is performed with minimally invasive paracentesis to introduce the heat generator in...more>>
125I seed implants –tumor-oriented therapy Non-invasive, bloodless Painless, low rates of side effects Increase life expentancy and quality of life Three-dimensional radioactive s...more>>
PDT uses interactions of light, photosensitizer and oxygen as basis for cancer treatment. Inject photosensitizer intravenously and it will be absorbed by cancer cells and tissues th...more>>
What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve di...more>>
1. What is green chemotherapy? Chemotherapy is a milestone in cancer treatment. It applies chemicals to kill tumor cell, suppress growth and proliferation of tumor cells and improve...more>>
1. What is endogenic magnetic field thermatology system ? In endogenic magnetic field thermatology, electric field interfering is produced at intersection where two currents of diff...more>>
1、What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy is a medical technique both ancient and modern. As early as thousands of years ago, ice was used to treat infected wounds and various knife inju...more>>
1、What is ITCWM minimally invasive targeted therapy Modern Hospital Guangzhou applies combined therapy of TCM minimally invasive targeted treatment, which is featuring combined st...more>>