Liver cancer refers to malignant tumor in liver, with patients’ average age 44. The average live time is half a year without timely treatment or proper treatment plan. There is no obvious symptom in the early stage. Once detected, it’s already in middle or advanced stage. Therefore, it’s very important to make a timely and effective diagnosis for liver cancer.
Diagnosis Methods of Liver Cancer
1. Ultrasound diagnosis: It applies B-type ultrasonography to indicate the sizes, shape of tumor and can discover the lesion whose diameter is about 2cm or even less, and it has became the most common and effective method for diagnosing liver cancer;
2. Radioisotopic hepatic scanning: shows enlargement of liver and liver has lost its normal morph. But such scanning can hardly indicate the tumor with diameter less than 3 cm on the films;
3. CT check: CT features high resolution and can detect early liver cancer with tumor’s diameter even being about 1cm;
4. MRI: MRI has high sensitive and can distinguish benign and malignant tumor;
5. Selective celiac or hepatic arteriography: it can indicate out tumor with the diameter even among 0.5-1cm and localize the position of lesion, as well as its sizes, distributions. This is especially valid for small tumor localization of liver cancer.
Experts from Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou remind that as for liver cancer’s diagnosis, in order to guarantee the effect and safety of exam, it’s necessary to go to a regular hospital.
Disclaimer: Therapeutic effect depends on individual patient's condition. The content of this website is for informational purpose only,this can not be the basis of medical diagnosis and treatment and even can not replace the diagnosis and treatment from doctors.Please refer to Terms and Condition for more information.