The lymphatic system is an important defense system of the body. It can help the body resist the harmful foreign objects such as viruses and bacteria. It is often called the human body guard. Therefore, the diet conditioning for lymphoma patients is particularly important.
1. Lymphoma patients often have increased protein consumption present negative nitrogen during chemotherapy or after chemotherapy. At this time, sufficient protein should be supplied to maintain the body's nitrogen balance. Consuming more food with high-quality protein in daily diets, such as egg, milk, yogurt, fish and shrimp, poultry, soy products, etc.
2. Intaking more fresh vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C, such as rape, Chinese cabbage, tomato, hawthorn, jujube, lemon, white radish, kiwi, etc. Experiments also proved that intaking more vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C give impetus to prevent cancer.
3. Diet of lymphoma patients should include food rich in vitamin A, such as egg yolk, animal liver (pig, sheep, chicken, etc.), carrot, lettuce leaves, rape, sweet potatoes, etc. Vitamin A maintains the normal structure of epithelial tissue, stimulates the body's immune system, motivates the body to fight cancer, and resists the invasion of diseases.
4. Intaking more food that helps improve immunity, such as barley, mushroom, Chinese yam, jujube, longan, wolfberry, lotus seeds, black fungus, white fungus, etc. These foods can enhance the anti-cancer activity of lymphocytes, macrophages and achieve concerted effects to prevent cancer.
5. Lymphoma patients should avoid having indigestible and irritating food, fried food and spicy food. Cook methods including steaming, boiling, stewing help lymphoma patients’ digestion and absorption, Last but not least, avoid alcohol.
Lymphoma patients are traditionally treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy, while chemotherapy and radiotherapy often fail to achieve ideal effects and to prevent recurrence. So lymphoma patients should rationally choose advanced cancer therapies with few side effects. Moreover, Chinese medicine also helps cancer patients relieve the severe side effects from traditional therapies and improve immunity.
Combined with advanced treatment and proper diet, lymphoma cancer patients will yield good efficacy and prolong survival time.
*Surgery, in addition to the appropriate chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are effective in treating early cancer, but certain patients in late stage of cancer may not be tolerate surgery well as they can be relatively weak. A combination of carefully planned minimally invasive therapy, chemotherapy or radiotherapy can effectively reduce the side effects and discomfort of treatment and may help patient get better efficacy.