Dear inpatients and your families,
In order to secure the prevention and control of novel coronavirus pneumonia and to effectively protect your health and life safety, according to the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases and Notice of the National Health Commission on Coping with the Peak Period of Medical Visits after the Spring Festival Holiday of 2020, combined with the current situation of prevention and control, the hospitalization-related issues are notified as follows:
1. Preparations before medical visit
(1) If the temperature measured by yourself is over 37.3℃, or respiratory and digestive symptoms such as cough, diarrhea and acratia are noted, please directly seek medical attention in the local designated hospital, lest delay of the condition.
(2) Oversea patients visiting our hospital should pay attention to the information of customs in advance and protect yourself throughout your trip. Please make an appointment with our hospital before setting off for the better follow-up of your accommodation.
(3) Companion: it is recommended that only one family is allow to accompany the patient. Please take your ID card or passport with you for registration. In order to reduce the risk of cross infection, those who has a temperature of 37.3℃ or more or has stayed in Hubei province for a long time or has contacted fever patients are not allowed to visit!
(4) Please do wear a mask during medical visit. There is a triage in the entrance and please cooperate with the stuff for the measurement of temperature and triage guide; according to the request of relevant departments, ID card or passport of the patients and their families must be registered.
(5) Please cooperate with the evaluation of the medical staff on the following situations: please be sure to inform and protect yourself!
A. In the past 14 days, have you traveled or stayed in Wuhan or other places where native diseases have been spreading?
B. In the past 14 days, have you contacted patients with fever or other respiratory symptoms from Wuhan or other places where native diseases have been spreading?
C. Do you experience dry cough?
(6) Before coming for treatment, please make an appointment with the staff in our oversea office to arrange bed
2. Inpatient patients and their families
(1) Access management: During the period when the epidemic situation has not been terminated, all the patients are strictly forbidden to go out in principle. If it is really necessary to go out due to something, the patients must be agreed by the director of the department via signature. The patients who go out without authorization shall be discharged immediately once they are found, and those who cause adverse consequence shall be investigated for responsibility according to relevant national laws and regulations. Please wear a mask all the way outside and clean your hands immediately after returning to the hospital.
(2) Protect yourself: The patient's family members should wear masks, wash their hands frequently, take healthy diets, and work and rest regularly as required; pay close attention to body temperature and respiratory symptoms, etc. If there is any abnormality, you must report it to the nurse on duty at the first time so as to get timely diagnosis and treatment.
(3) No Gathering: Avoiding contact with other non-medical personnel and gather to chat. In case of special circumstances, please contact the nurse station by calling.
(4) No Visit: Because of the low immune function of tumor patients, they need special protection. Please tell relatives and friends, visiting is not allowed in order to ensure safety
(5) Diet Management: During this special period, patients and their family members are advised to order meals at the hospital canteen, and please don’t go out to buy ingredients. If there is any special need, please contact with the housekeeping department to help with the purchase. Try to avoid communal kitchen times when cooking and avoid gathering in the kitchen in order to reduce the risk of infection
(6) Visitors. Visitors are not allowed to enter the wards so that the daily work of medical staff will not be disturbed and cross-infection risk will not be increased. Protection management：
During this critical period of epidemic prevention，we appreciate the cooperation of patients and family members. The hospital will update the notice accordingly based on the epidemic prevention requirement. Let’s join hands to achieve zero infection of our patients and employees.
We highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou
*Surgery, in addition to the appropriate chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are effective in treating early cancer, but certain patients in late stage of cancer may not be tolerate surgery well as they can be relatively weak. A combination of carefully planned minimally invasive therapy, chemotherapy or radiotherapy can effectively reduce the side effects and discomfort of treatment and may help patient get better efficacy.